Sunday, October 3, 2010

a new week ahead

If only I was as enthusiastic about regular homework as I am my sexology homework.... I had it basically all done by Friday.
So I have to bring up the family email. The bane of my existance you might say. I can't remember when it first started. Several months ago, at any rate.
My fiance and I get this email. THE FAMILY LETTER (what is it about old people and the all in caps thing? is that like hair falling out? i'll just wake up one day and be totally unable to write an email without at least one word all in caps? don't they get that it's like being screamed at?). And future mother in law wants my fiance and his brothers and their wives and daughters to all give updates about their lives. And there's a whole set of rules. You must do this. In a certain order. And write at least a paragraph. And you must respond within a week of it becoming your turn.
I have a contrary nature. When I got this email a big part of me just went "oh heck no. I haven't even married into this family yet! That woman isn't even remotely related to me yet! And even then, who her put in charge?" Seriously, boss your husband (#5, btw) and sons around as much as your want (regardless of the fact that most of them are in their thirties). But you have no control over their wives and daughters! Seriously. I was pissed.
But I played nice. I wrote my piece. But then, a couple weeks later, she started the cycle back up again.

Okay, I can see doing this once a year. Maybe for Christmas. But every two weeks? I'm sorry but normal people just do not have lives interesting enough for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment