Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Eve

Okay, the rest of the list:
Two Step is a book, technically. But it can't be more than 20 pages of actual text. It’s mostly illustrations, and it's about intimacy and relationships. The author theorizes that in every relationship there is a seeker and a sought, and this ultimately creates tension. To relieve this tension, it can be helpful to foster fluid seeker/sought roles. And that's the book. Food for thought....
Tub! Haven't gotten to do this yet, I'm hoping to have a chance when I come home for lunch tomorrow. My sexologist thinks, because I've reacted well to G spot stimulation from my fiancé, that I am capable of ejaculating. So she told me to masturbate in the tub and have my fiancé touch my G spot. So there's that.
 I have trouble with 'no means no'. I'll admit it. I don't understand 'not in the mood'. On my fiancé’s part, sex always leads to an orgasm. Sometimes it’s not even that much work. So to me, when he says he's not in the mood for sex, it’s on par with me saying 'no I don't want that amazing calorie free brownie that will fill me with endorphins for hours." I say no to sex if a) I'm exhausted or b) in pain.
 So my sexologist told me to have a conversation with my fiancé where I ask him what motivates him to say yes or no to sex, so I can be more empathetic and less rapist-y.
 Tomorrow is my last session... I want to express my gratitude and acknowledge how much change seeing her has brought me. At the same time, I don't want to come off as overzealous and creepy.
It will be so weird to not have sessions to look forward to at the beginning of the week.....

1 comment:

  1. This was a conversation M and I had to have: what inevitably happened is one of us would be really busy/tired/stressed and the other would be really hot/bothered and it is bad juju. So now, if that's the case, we just take care of ourselves and reconvene on friendlier terms on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete