Thursday, October 7, 2010

some tidbits

The highlight of Monday's session was when my sexologist explained shmiga to me (or schmigdala, or something. it has a gross name at any rate). Apparently this stuff, this white cheesy stuff, gets secreted (by everyone) and if you're an uncircumcised male if can collect under the foreskin and just sit there being gross until you wash it away. If you're a female and not OCD, then it collects between the clitoris and the clitoral hood (which covers it), and can crystalize over time and decrease mobility. No one ever tells you this. And then the great part: she demonstrated how this works by pulling the hood of her sweater up and sticking Kleenex in it. This women is awesome.
This also got me thinking about foreskins, which I don't do very much. My fiance doesn't have one, so they don't have much bearing on my life. I used to think they just made trouble (when I lost my virginity, it was to an uncircumcised guy who's foreskin aided in the breaking of several condoms, and the next morning I had to go to the health center for plan B. Welcome to sexual activity, Lauren!). I've learned in the last couple months some interesting facts: circumcision can be really emotionally damaging at any age. A statistically tiny number (excepting Jews) of men who were not circumcised as infants choose to have it preformed in adulthood. America is one of very few countries to practice it, and it's all because the Victorians wanted to make it more difficult for young boys to masturbate.
So now I'm kind of conflicted. What will I do with the hypothetical foreskins of my hypothetical male children?

No comments:

Post a Comment