Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Blessings

This is a season of transformation and hope, no matter your spiritual inclination. Everyone enjoys the change of season and the promise of warmer weather soon. For Christians Easter is a time for self reflection and counting your blessings, coming out of Lent and celebrating the resurrection of Christ. For Jewish people, Passover is a time to be thankful and mediate on their freedom from bondage. The spring equinox in mid-march is observed by many varieties of Pagan and Wiccan individuals. 
For me spring is, among other things, a time to celebrate my sexuality. The anniversary of my first orgasm is in nineteen days. How shall I celebrate this? I'm currently pretty happy with my sexuality. By no means do I feel pressure to experience another milestone before April 28th. I'm fairly content as I am. I think of this more as a time to reflect on the past year and half, and the strides I have made in understanding myself and my body. It's a time to be grateful for the opportunities I have had and the things I have learned.
Right now I don't want to make any sweeping proclamations about how my life has changed. I want to end this otherwise solemn and thoughtful post with a silly announcement: I how have a toothbrush for my dildo. More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment