Monday, September 27, 2010

A place to vent

Hello internet. My name is Lauren. I am a senior at an American university, graduating next spring with a B.A. in Psychology. Next September, I plan to marry my boyfriend/fiance/manthing of almost three years. The May following that we plan to move back to my hometown where ultimately I dream of owning a sustainably-minded small independent bakery.
Right now I am juggling school (15 credits) and work (24 hours a week) and wedding planning. And graduation paperwork. And an impending visit from the soon-to-be-mother-in-law-who-nobody-ever-says-no-to. And for me, the most exciting and wonderful not-really-an-obligation: I have started seeing a sexologist because, despite voracious efforts I have never had an orgasm. I want this to change.
For the longest time, my inability to orgasm made me feel sad and helpless. I wanted the magical orgasm fairy to come along and save me and show me where they kept the fantastic orgasms that everybody else was having.
Thus, this blog. Because as I've quickly learned you can't just say "pre-orgasmic" in public. Unless maybe you're Swedish? They seem to be really open about that kind of thing. I'm a wild Facebook stalker, but everyone is there. The future-mother-in-law is there. And you can't complain about your mother in law to your mother in law.
This is my place to vent. Even though my free time has magically disappeared, I need a place where I can say what I really feel about the people and events in my life. This blog will help keep me sane over (at least) the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment