Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Quite simply, an update

Oof... it seems like eons since I wrote last... a lot has happened. I finally had the conversation I'd been putting off with my husband... and it did not go well. There were tears and desperate promises, on both sides, and then four days of really nice make-up sex right before Valentines day. I was so happy. Then I came down off my oxytocin high and realized it wasn't going to be that easy, this wasn't what real life was like. It's going to take hard work to make my marriage work.
We have decided to go to counseling. The hardest part of that will probably be the financial aspect. Psychologists are not cheap. Also finding someone to watch our son while we go... Also my husband's discomfort with the idea of seeing a psychologist, that they might recognize something horrible in him he didn't know was there. All the same, he's agreed to going, pretty freely. We're basically out of other options.
Now that I've gotten over my disillusioned funk, I do feel better than before we started talking. We've been really trying to be nice to one another and that's...nice.
So, that's what's new with me. The things my close friends, and you total strangers, know, but not my family or coworkers or customers....
Going to the sex toy store tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment